Tuesday, January 12, 2016

#YourEduStory: 3 most pressing goals

This week's #YourEduStory: What are your three most pressing goals between now and the end of the school year?

It's hard to believe that we can now say "end of school year" and it's not something far-fetched.

This school year is very different for me. I'm at a new job. I'm not in the classroom, but I still work with students on a daily basis. I'm not with teachers, but I still work with teachers on a daily basis. I'm in between both the tech and the instructional world. In many ways, I'm in the middle of all forces.

Therefore, my goals are more centered around job development. In the past, my goals have been about programs I want to start or ideas I want to try. This year is very different. In some ways, it's caused the big-picture-person in me to slow down. In other ways, it's been hard on my creativity.

So, from now until the end of school year, I want to:


  • Finish what I started - in the areas of digital citizenship and makerspaces. Both of these initiatives have gone fairly well so I want to devote my time to finishing my work in both of these initiatives rather than trying to start many new projects. No what your limits are. Do what you are doing well. 
  • Read, read, and read. I miss reading more. It keeps me inspired and keeps me relevant. I save a lot, but haven't taken the time to read it in depth. The is key to success.
  • Create. I know this is not really specific to my job, but it helps with my overall health. I want to continue to create and to take classes on creation. With this, I feel I'll be more effective at my job and will be able to support makerspaces more. 

My main goal for 2016 is to finish all of what I started. Financially, I want to spend less. I want to use what I have. I want to go to the places I have saved. I want to finish the books I started or bought. I want to finish the craft projects I have started. I want to tell people the things  I have saved.

Even though I am not starting something new, I am beginning again in so many ways. 

2016 is the year I begin again and finish what I started.

What will you do in 2016?

No comments:

Post a Comment