Thursday, September 24, 2015

Get your #infographics on!

I love infographics. Though you could argue they are just another form of presentations (which they are), they also encourage concise writing, something my students always had difficulty doing.

Last year, I worked with our librarians and 9th grade students to great infographics related to issues in the time of To Kill a Mockingbird. Even though we gave students examples of infographics and repeated that the text must be concise and powerful, they still copied and pasted huge chunks of text. So, we had to do it again, and again, and again.

The point: this was clearly a skill students were missing. In the era of attention-getters and short text, it's a critical skill.

So, I'm compile a presentation of infographics resources to meet the needs of students and teachers alike. See something I'm missing? Let me know, please!

You can check out more resources at fennovation.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment