Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Day 8: My Blogging Challenge

It's already day 8 of my blogging challenge. In case you missed what it's all about, you can read more in Day 1.

Today's challenge: What's in your desk drawer and what can you infer from these contents?

Well...here's my desk drawer. Or, should I say - lack of a desk drawer!

My desk on October 1, 2014


Of course, I share my Texas pride front and center. Beyond that, though, my motto is less is more. The longer I continue in education, the more clutter I get rid of. This is also similar to my belief on education - strip out the excess and go to the core of what matters: learning, sharing, communicating, creating, critical thinking. I know state tests and other higher-up-mandated policies can get in the way of this motto, but this is the one I strive for daily. I strive for it in my desk as well as in my dealing with teachers and students.

Additionally, I'm anti-excess paper. I rarely print and as a result, I don't have a need for drawers of paper and pencils. As you can see, I have my sticky note pad that I still use to jot down ideas on and place on computers for people. However, I like to mobile. I like that I can go to a teacher's room and have all of the same stuff I have in my office. And, I do this all through Chrome. I can't speak enough praise for Google and Chrome. It has change the way I educate.

There is also a stack of Dell Venues and computers to the side. Another element to my job does include "fix-its" so those often take up residence on my desk.

When I leave and arrive each day, my desk is empty except for my pictures and drawings. It helps with my no-clutter motto and the idea that each day is a fresh start.

What about your desk? What does it look like?


No comments:

Post a Comment