Friday, October 3, 2014

Day 10: My Blogging Challenge

Welcome to day 10 of my blogging challenge. In case you missed what it's all about, you can read more about it in Day 1.

Today's challenge:

Share 5 random facts about yourself:

  1. I can't blow up balloons, blow bubbles, or whistle.
  2. I'm sensitive to sounds and can't eat in complete silence
  3. I have to have my blinds fully open so I can see the world. I LOVE the outdoors
  4. I'm missing part of my pinky finger after getting it caught in a door as a child. It's a nice surprise for people when they see me.
  5. I'm a perpetual multi-tasker. I thrive on having too much to do; however, I also dream big of having nothing to do.

Share 4 random items from your bucket list:
  1. Ride in a hot air balloon over the Swiss Alps - dream big, right?
  2. Become a Google Teacher Academy lead learner!!
  3. Join the Peace Corps or a similar organization to live abroad and help others.
  4. Open my own art business/outdoors store. They combo may sound odd, but the focus would be on art in nature. I love art and I love being outside. It would be a dream to be able to devote my time to both.
Share 3 things you hope for this year - as a person or as an educator:
  1. I really would like to spend more time doing PD for teachers and working with student groups to help them build the skills to deliver PD to teachers as well. 
  2. I also hope to be able to bring back time to myself - time to do art, hike, and just enjoy the non-working hours.
  3. I hope to try to be a positive, influential person each day.
Share 2 things that have made you laugh or cry as an educator:
  1. Anytime I get together with my Ninja partners, it's usually a laugh fest with all of the puns. I love time to collaborate without constraints.
  2. Losing one of my advisory students during the summer after my first year of teaching was hard and a large dose of reality. He had just graduated high school, was a volunteer fire fighter, and was one week away from his departure date for the U.S. Navy. 

Share 1 thing you wish more people knew about you:
  1. I'm very introverted and, though I love time to collaborate and try to be a leader in all situations, I also like time to myself. I'm just also bad about saying "no." Consequently, people call on me for many tasks and, sometimes, it would be nice to be able to sit back and let others lead. That's a goal of mine for the year!
Let's here what you have to share! 


No comments:

Post a Comment