Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Day 7: My Blogging Challenge

Welcome to day 7 of my blogging challenge. In case you missed what this is all about, you can read more about it in my Day 1 post.

Today's challenge: Who was or is your most inspirational colleague?

As if I could choose just one...

We are all impacted by a variety of forces each day. It's impossible to ever just choose one. Some impact me in ways I don't realize until years later while others impact me instantaneously. Sometimes, it is the experiences we have that bring us down a path. For instance, if I would not have started out at Hallsville R-IV schools where an eMINTS4ALL initiative was beginning, I may not have gone down the edtech path. It was a result of being a first-year teacher thrust into a program focused around project-based learning and 1:1 initiatives. That event changed my career.

Some of my colleagues have inspired me instantly while others have inspired change days, weeks, months, or even years later.

So, here's a rundown of some of my most inspiration colleagues:


  • +Krista Tyler - Let's just start with my blogging partner in crime. She's a constant source of positivism. There's no wondering why she's the leader of our fun committee. Within our field, you can't have enough positive attitudes. She makes me smile and I admire the way she gets students and staff to try new things, learn new things, and take risks. 
  • +Brandie Cain-Heard  - Brandie is my competitive partner in crime. Since being teamed with Brandie for an Edmodo project two years ago, I have challenged myself more in education that I ever had before. As a result, I feel we can conquer the world. What's a little healthy competition to inspire you?
  • +Tracy Clark - Tracy is my EdTech Women partner in crime. She reminds me to keep balance in my field and to always connect my big ideas to curriculum and best practices. Since meeting her last year, I have completely changed the way I do PD. 
  • +Kasey Bell - Kasey is a fellow GEG Texas leader. I love the creativity she puts in her trainings and tutorials. Her trainings and tutorials have inspired me to redo the way I have made resources in the past. Now, mine are visual.
  • GTACHI - I can't speak enough of how inspirational my entire #gtachi (Google Teacher Academy - Chicago 13) was both in my career and outside of it. Because of my #gtachi crew, I have taken risks and pushed myself, my staff, and my students to challenge the norm.
  • +Kristen Fournier - Kristen was my librarian at Forest North. Partnered with her, I learned ways to connect with staff and ways to really make an impact with students. Her creativity, optimism, and leadership is the best in the district. Hands down. 

There are plenty more who inspire me. Some may come as an inspiration days, weeks, or years later. Of course, the greatest motivator is the students and staff I work with. Their needs define my job as an educator. I adapt to fit their needs. 

Who are your inspirations? 

Sorry, +Krista Tyler - mine is not a cool as yours!

1 comment:

  1. Christy, that is so kind. Thanks for making my day! I miss you every day over here! :)

    ReplyDelete