Thursday, September 25, 2014

Day 4: My blogging challenge

It's day four of my blogging challenge. In case you missed what it is all about, you can read more about it in Day 1.

Today's challenge is to share what you love most about teaching. I think most teachers love the students and their co-workers. So, I am not going to choose those as that, for me, is a necessity. Outside of the students and teachers I work with, I love the constant learning I get to do in teaching.

My parents were treasurers and managers. I know they had to learn on a daily basis, but their daily work life was rather consistent. However, when I enter work each day, I know I will interact with a different crop of people, and be challenged with an entirely new problem. This profession lends itself to continuous growth or to being a recluse more than other professions I have seen. The spectrum and continuum for learning and growth is staggering. Each day, I work with students learning to write their name for the first time and teachers still learning how to work the projector to students launching rockets and teachers connecting their class to NASA. The spectrum is enormous and that's what I enjoy the most.

It is that spectrum that motivates me and inspires me to provide support and nurturing to all stages of learning.

It is the learning that keeps me going each day.

#lovelearning

What keeps you going?

No comments:

Post a Comment