Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Just when you thought Hangouts couldn't get any cooler...

There was Business Hangouts.If you go to the Google + page listed to the left, you can gain access to their site. I was able to sign up for free.

BH and BHO take what is great about Google Hangouts and Google Hangouts On-Air and amplify it. Now, you can plan hangouts ahead of time, view your audience map, view a 3D replica of your audience, record chat sessions, moderate the chat, raise your hand, remote desktop, and more. It really is a one-stop shop.

I was able to use it successfully on my Google Apps for Education account and my personal Gmail account. Sadly, I don't know how long it was stay free, but in the meantime, it is great to use.

Check it out!





Another great use of Google Hangouts is the Geekouts put on by the National Writing Project. These can be replicated at any level and give students ownership in their learning and the chance to connect with other students and educators. I am anxious to try these out with my elementary tech stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment